Ok, I have a confession. I am not a big fan of s’mores. Really. It is a tradition to eat in the summer but it is not my favorite and no matter how many times I have tried it, I have never been wowed. Then enters this recipe! This s’mores recipe is a game changer for me! When I tried this for the first time, I was in LOVE! Now, I cannot take credit for this amazing creation. I found this on a website called Mostly Homemade Mom and huge amounts of praise should be going that way for thinking of this! The reason this recipe is soooo good is because the crust is made with graham crackers, brown sugar, butter and flour and it almost tastes like shortbread – YUM. I realized that I didn’t like traditional s’mores because of the plain graham cracker flavor and this recipe changes all of that. It. Is. Good!
Since I have made this recipe many times (so has my daughter) and it is eaten up, raved about and requested all the time, I decided to make these into homemade gifts for the holiday season. I just know that the people I give these to are going to love them!
If you are looking for an amazing s’mores recipe or a heart felt holiday gift this season then give these a try!
S’mores Pie Homemade Gifts
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 quart sized Ball Jar
- 2 small clear plastic decorative bags for packaging marshmallows and chocolate chips I find these at my local arts and craft store in the cookie isle
- Directions for making the jar holiday gift:
- Fill a small clear plastic cookie bag with your marshmallows and seal with a twist tie or knot.
- Fill a small clear plastic cookie bag with your chocolate chips and seal with a twist tie or knot.
- In a medium bowl, measure out your graham crackers, brown sugar and flour and mix well.
- Now place your mixture on a sheet of parchment paper or similar and fold in half and carefully pour mixture into your glass jars.
- Next, add your chocolate chip bag into the jar. You may have to wiggle it around a bit to get it in there.
- Now, add your marshmallow bag into the jar. Again, a little wiggling may be necessary.
- Seal your jar with a tight fitting lid and add any decorations you wish!