Shrubs️️️ are of one of my favorite drinks over the last few years, in fact I didn’t even know it had a name until this year. It is a mix of vinegar, sparkling water/soda and juice/ fruit and it just makes you feel alive after drinking it️. Traditionally, shrubs are made with a drinking vinegar which is infused with a fruit and made into a syrup. This version is a quick way to use what is in your house without making the syrup and it tastes just as wonderful, trust me!
If you are looking for a healthy pick me up during this very cold winter this is it! This shrub has apple cider vinegar (because it has health benefits, this is the only one I use), a little cranberry juice, fresh squeezed ruby red grapefruit juice and la croix sparkling water. If you want to use other ingredients for your shrub go ahead! Just think about the quick shrub as part fruit juice (try to find all natural) part vinegar and part sparkling water. You can add multiple juices like I did or just one.
I like the sprig of rosemary in it because when you sip on your drink you get the most amazing scent from it that brightens your mood. Stay warm and healthy!
Quick Grapefruit and Cranberry Shrub
- 1 1/2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar I prefer Braggs brand
- crushed ice or ice
- 1/4 cup of fresh squeezed Grapefruit juice you don’t need a juicer just squeeze it into your glass
- 1/4 cup of cranberry juice
- sparkling water or seltzer to fill the glass after adding other ingredients
- Add all of your ingredients except the sparkling water to a tall glass.
- Mix well.
- Now add your sparkling water to your mixture until it reaches almost to the top of your glass.
- Mix well and enjoy!