Pulled Pork Rice Bowl
This pulled pork rice bowl is a great and tasty way to use pulled pork that you’ve cooked in your slow cooker. Each layer of flavor in this dish is amazing and worth the effort of making all the different components.
This pulled pork rice bowl consists of 4 parts, the pork, the rice, the cumin and lime slaw and the black beans. The recipe below is for cooking the pork and assembling it all with the sides and the rice to make a delicious pulled pork rice bowl.
If you are starting with already cooked pork, you can just go straight to the cumin lime coleslaw and black beans by scrolling down for the links to their recipe next to their picture and then follow the steps below for how to assemble your bowl.
This dish couldn’t be easier and is so amazing!
Picture of the pulled pork after crisping under the broiler
Pulled Pork Rice Bowl
- 1 pork butt roast 4-5 lbs no bone
- 2 chipotle chilis you can find these in cans in the international section of your grocery store
- 1 fresh avocado sliced
- 1 lime
- 1 batch of cumin lime coleslaw see recipe link above
- 1 batch of Mostly from Scratch black beans see recipe link above
- 1 tsp salt and 1 tsp pepper and more to taste
- 1 tsp of cumin
- 1 tsp of oregano
- 1 tsp of paprika
- 2 tsp of brown sugar
- Water to cover your roast
- 1 tbsp of butter or olive oil
- 1 cup of uncooked basmati rice
- 1 3/4 cup of water for the rice
- 1 tsp of salt
- Amazing almost from scratch black beans see recipe above
- cumin lime cole slaw see recipe above
- Place your pork roast in a slow cooker and add your chipotle chili, your oregano, salt, pepper, cumin and paprika over top.
- Now add about 1 cup of water just to come up a little on the sides of your roast and then cover and cook for about 4-6 hours on low heat or until the roast is easy to shred with a fork.
- Once your roast is fully cooked, remove it from the slow cooker and place on a sheet pan to cool.
- While it is cooling, make your black beans and cole slaw (recipe above)
- Do not discard your cooking liquid yet since we will use it in a bit.
- Once cooled, remove any fatty layers and discard and then begin to shred your pork by tearing it with 2 forks.
- Once you have shredded all of the pork, add about 2 tbsp of your cooking liquid and drizzle that over your pork
- Now sprinkle your brown sugar evenly over the pork and set aside.
- pre-heat your broiler.
- start to slice your avocado and place in a bowl and then squeeze your lime over top to prevent browning and set aside.
- In a medium pot over hight heat add your butter or olive oil and then add your rice.
- Mix your rice around well to coat it in your oil for about 2 minutes.
- Now add your water and bring to a boil.
- Once the water comes to a boil, add your salt, stir and add your lid and lower the heat to low.
- Cook rice until it is ready (no more water is left), about 5 minutes.
- While rice is cooking, place your pork under the broiler to crisp up, about 2-3 minutes. Once ready, remove from the oven and cover with aluminum foil to keep warm.
- TO ASSEMBLE THE RICE BOWLS
- Place 1-2 cups of cooked rice in a bowl
- Add 1/2 cup of cumin lime slaw
- Add 1/2 cup of almost from scratch black beans
- Add any other toppings like avocado or salsa
You May Also Like