Pasta with Tomatoes and Anchovy Butter
Spaghetti in a tomato butter sauce! It’s amazing how 1 simple ingredient can elevate the flavors of a dish you always make! This is a great quick weeknight dish that can be made in under 30 minutes. In this dish, I added some anchovies to the butter until it cooked fully into the sauce and it was so amazing. Although I make this dish all the time without the anchovies, after trying it this way, I think I may stick to this version ️. My kiddos (and I) where skeptical at first but everyone really enjoyed it!
Spaghetti with Tomatoes and Anchovy Butter
A quick and delicious pasta recipe perfect for weeknights
Servings: 4 people
- 1 lb spaghetti 1 box
- 4 tablespoons ½ stick unsalted butter
- 1 anchovy fillets packed in oil drained
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 pounds medium tomatoes quartered
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Chopped tender herbs such as flat-leaf parsley and/or chives
- Freshly grated Parmesan for serving
- Cook spaghetti and then drain, making sure to reserve about ½ cup pasta cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, heat butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Cook your anchovy and garlic, until anchovies are broken down and garlic is soft, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add your tomatoes and season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 8–10 minutes.
- Toss in pasta and reserved pasta cooking liquid
- cook until sauce coats pasta, about 2 minutes.
- Toss in herbs.
- Add freshly grated Parmesan and enjoy!
This recipe was from Bon Appetit via Google contributers.