Oven Baked Pizzelle Cookies (no pizzelle maker required!)
Oven baked pizzelle cookies are the best! Looking for a recipe for pizzelles but do not have a pizzelle maker? Then this is for you. I experimented recently with making pizzelle cookies in the oven because I wanted to mail some pizzelles to family in another state and knew the delicate pizzelles would not make it in one piece. When thinking about what to do, I decided to try out baking cookies with the pizzelle dough and see how it came out. You know what, it was delicious! My family and I loved it! The flavors are the exact same as the pizzelle wafer cookie you would make in the pizzelle maker, the only difference is the texture. The oven baked cookies are soft and moist! They actually remind me of the springerle cookie which is similar to the pizzelle recipe except baked in the oven! This is now going to be a new holiday tradition for us 🙂 If you don’t want to invest in a pizzelle maker but love the flavors of pizzelles then this is the perfect recipe for you to try!
Oven baked Pizzelle Cookies
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 1 3/4 cups of all purpose flour
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla
- 3 tiny drops of anise to do this, pour a tiny amount of anise on to a spoon. Slowly turn the spoon downward over your mixture and wait for 3 tiny drops to fall and then you are done!
- 1 stick (8 tbsof melted unsalted butter
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- Whisk together your eggs, sugar, vanilla and anise in a medium bowl.
- Now add your flour, salt and baking powder and mix it well until there are no lumps and it looks smooth.
- Now add your melted butter and mix that in to your mixture.
- Making the cookie shapes:
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 3-4 cookie sheets.
- With a cookie press, add your dough into the cookie press and make your shapes on to the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until your cookies begin to get light golden in color.
- Let cool on a cooling rack completely.