Grilled Steak tips with Rojo Chimichurri
you have been following along with me then you know I am on a roll with grilled meats with sauces 🙂 Grilling doesn’t have to be complicated to make your food taste amazing, in fact quite the opposite! For me, I have found that if you buy quality meat and season it well before AND after the grilling then no matter what, the meat will taste fantastic! To season your meat before hand, it is safest to just use salt and pepper so you don’t have to worry about the marinade causing your meat to get charred. I like to add my sauces at the end of grilling and then I tent the meat and let the sauce absorb into it and it always comes out amazing! It’s that simple 🙂
This recipe, I went ahead and added a little (1 tbsp) of the rojo chimichurri and my normal salt and pepper and it came out great!
Grilled Steak Tips With Rojo Chimichurri
- 1 1/2 pounds of steak tips
- metal skewers or wooden skewers soaked in water for 1 hour to prevent burning the skewers
- Rojo Chimichurri Sauce see above for recipe link
- 1/8 tsp of salt
- 1/8 tsp of pepper
- In a large bowl, add your steak tips, 1 spoonful of your rojo chimichurri and salt and pepper and mix well.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator for 20 minutes up to 1 hour.
- Now remove your steak tips from the fridge and add them to your skewers making sure to give them a little room.
- Pre-heat your grill to medium high heat.
- Add your skewers to the grill and cook for about 3 minutes a side (remembering that there are 4 sides not just 2 when turning your steak tips).
- When done cooking, remove from the grill and add 1 heaping tablespoon of your chimichurri rojo and cover with aluminum foil to rest for about 5-10 minutes.
- Serve steak tips with the remainder of the rojo chimichurri on the side.