Chicken Posole is a delicious hearty and healthy soup that is made up of so many flavors and ingredients thanks to all of the toppings. This recipe uses rotisserie chicken to make it easy and lots of toppings to maximize flavor. This is a delicious and healthy meal to make anytime of year!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons red pepper flakes
- 1 large onion diced
- 3 large carrots peeled and diced
- 2 cans 14 1/2 oz. each white hominy rinsed
- 1 rotisserie chicken shredded and juices saved
- 1 teaspoons dried oregano-
- 2 large poblano chiles diced seeds removed
- 1 serrano pepper diced optional if you like heat
- 4 garlic cloves diced
- 1 small can diced tomatoes
- Garnishes: shredded queso blanco diced avocado, lime wedges, cilantro, radishes (any variety), sour cream, broken tortilla chips
- Heat your olive oil and red pepper flakes over medium heat in a heavy bottom soup pot.
- Once heated add all of your veggies (not including hominy and garnishes) to the pan and cook for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add salt to your veggies and cook for another minute.
- Add your chicken stock, hominy, oregano and diced tomatoes and any juices from the chicken and stir well.
- Now add your shredded chicken and mix and then cover and simmer on low heat for about 30 minutes
- Prepare your garnishes while your soup is simmering.
- Once soup is ready, taste for salt and pepper and add to taste.
- Serve soup with garnishes on the side.