Cumin and lime coleslaw is a fresh and flavorful way to make coleslaw that doesn’t taste heavy and makes a great topping to tacos, rice bowls or on its own. The addition of cilantro, lime and cumin make it a perfect fresh flavor to add to your meals. This recipe uses a little mayonnaise and sour cream but vegan friendly versions can easily be substituted and still taste great! This recipe can be easily doubled for a larger group.
What I love about this recipe:
- It requires no cooking
- It is big on flavor
- It tastes great in so many dishes
Cumin and Lime Slaw
- 8 oz of green and purple cabbage mixed I buy bagged shredded slaw for this
- 1 lime
- 1 tbsp of cumin
- 2 tbsp of chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp of sour cream
- 2 tbsp of mayonnaise
- salt and pepper to taste I use about 1 tsp of each
- Optional: I small shallot thinly cut
- In a large bowl add your coleslaw, mayonnaise, sour cream, cumin, cilantro and shallot if your are using it. .
- Now squeeze the fresh lime over top and add your salt and pepper. Mix well so all of the ingredients come together. It may look a little dry but once it sits it will come together and moisten.
- Let sit for about 30 minutes to an hour covered in the refrigerator
- Serve with your favorite taco, rice bowl or meal