Charred Broccoli with Garlic and Fresh Lemon
This dish is very simple with few ingredients but the flavors are amazing. The simple step of charring the broccoli and then squeezing fresh lemon juice on before serving makes this stand out from all the other roasted broccoli dishes.
Charred Broccoli with Lemon
- 1 head of broccoli or 1 regular sized bag of broccoli from the store
- 1 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 lemon zested and then reserved for squeezing juice over top at the end
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tsp of kosher salt
- Pre-heat your oven to 400 degress F.
- On a large baking sheet, add your broccoli, garlic, lemon zest, olive oil and salt and with your hands mix all of this together well so the broccoli is coated with all of the ingredients.
- Place in the oven and cook for about 20-25 minutes, turning your broccoli half way through.
- Your broccoli is ready when it starts to get a char on all the edges of the florets.
- Remove from oven and squeeze your lemon all over the top of the broccoli (making sure to do this through your fingers to catch the seedand gently toss.
- Pour into a serving dish and enjoy!