Amazing Homemade Pesto
Pesto is an amazing fresh and vibrant sauce that can be added to pasta, meat or used as a dip. Traditionally pesto is made with pine nuts but this version uses almonds which I think tastes so much better. Add this recipe to your rotation for the summer when basil is abundant!
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- a heaping 1/2 cup of chopped fresh parsely
- a heaping 1/2 cup of chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup of shredded fresh parmesan
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- 3 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup of slivered almonds
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- Add all of your ingredients to a food processor and blitz until it forms a smooth uniform consistency.