Mixed Berry Jam with Rosemary
Homemade Jam is so simple to make and so good! It requires very little effort and you can customize it like I did here with your own additions. With some fresh or frozen berries, you can have a homemade treat in an hour!
- 1 10 oz bag of frozen strawberries thawed
- 1 10 oz bag of frozen blueberries thawed
- 1 cup of honey
- 1 extra large lemon juiced (or 2 small lemons juiced)
- 4 tbsp of orange juice
- 1 large sprig of rosemary
- Add all of your ingredients into a medium sauce pan over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Once the berries come to a simmer mix well and lower the heat to medium low and continue to simmer for about 1 hour making sure to stir it every 5 minutes or so. After 1 hour your berries should have broken down and should be thickened and reduced by almost half. Once your berries are mostly broken down, remove your rosemary sprig and take off the stove to cool for 5 minutes. It will look a little thinner than jam at this point because it is hot but it will thicken as it cools. Pour your jam into clean containers with a lid and continue to let it cool completely with the lid off, about 30-40 minutes. Once completely cooled, place the lid on and refrigerate to chill. Once chilled you can use your jam over toast, on scones, added to ice cream or anything else that goes well with it 🙂 Your jam should stay fresh for up to 3 weeks in the refrigerator. Enjoy!